In 1834, a few men and women began meeting in their homes with "The Methodist Blessing". In September of that year, there were 15 members. By the next conference, membership grew to 54. The First Methodist Episcopal Society of Derry later moved from Derry Village to its present location. On February 4, 1888, St. Luke's Society was organized and began meeting nearer the center of the town. The present building was dedicated on June 17, 1889. The total cost was $4,000. In 1894, the church was raised and the vestry was built. The church was enlarged in 1904 and an addition was added in 1971. St. Luke's has a long history within its Derry community and continues to be a spiritual blessing to Derry and surrounding communities.
2020 St. Luke's UMC